Sunday 24 April 2011

252 And Other Numbers

The British Army is run on numbers-well at least thats how I see it. Section this-section that, sub-section this...........and so-on. The Army Act is a Book of Numbers, totally different though to the biblical Book of Numbers.

In support of this, here is a short extract from John Silkstones remeniscences:

..................................................................................................................................................................
NOT ON MY ‘AFI 1157’ SIR!

One day, Private Providence and I were placed on a charge for disobeying ‘Part One Orders’. When asked if I had anything to say, I replied:

“Sir, the orders stated that the following soldiers with Greatcoats on their AFI 1157 (AFI 1157 is a recorded list of clothing that is issued to a soldier) are to report to the QM's department. As I don’t have a Greatcoat on my AFI 1157, I did not report, Sir.”

The CO 'phoned the QM and verified that I didn’t have a greatcoat on my AFI 1157. He then asked Providence if he had anything to say, to which he replied, "I forgot Sir."

Smiling, the CO said, “I hope you won’t forget to stay behind when I dismiss Silkstone?”

Poor Providence received 14 days RPs, as this was his second offence in two days.

                                                     ...............................................................

I don't know what you think, but John's story reinforces my number theory.


Follow DoYouWorryToo on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment