Wednesday 2 July 2014

Such A Long Time.......


Just can't believe how long since I last posted. Been so busy I guess. Since last year I have moved house, decorated, done up the new garden,not alone I have to say, but with the help of my incredibly hard working wife. Don't know where I'd be without her!!

It's not all been just about hard work. Since the days that I was in Tidworth......54 years ago as I write this, I have wanted to get involved in working as a radio producer/presenter. In 1983, I got the chance to do so. I won't go into how, when,where at this time, I'll do that another day. Suffice it to say, I left the business in 1995.

I've always missed the studio environment, and despite my really longing to get involved again, I didn't have the courage to try. Come January 2014, I decided to take my courage in both hands and look around to see who would take on a 67 year old ex-Soldier and ex-NHS manager.I searched the internet and found Miskin Radio. I emailed via the website, and much to my surprise, got an invitation to go for a trial. Have to say here and now, the station manager was a guy that had worked at a previous station I also worked for, did that help? Possibly!!!!! Was I nervous? yep, I certainly was. After a while during which I practiced and and found that it still gave me a tremendous buzz, I was offered a show once a week. 

My first broadcast seemed like the worst thing I'd ever done, and I was ready to walk away. My new boss encouraged me to keep going...so I did. I now do two shows each week, would love to do more but the long distances between home and the studio put me off a bit. Look below, and you'll see a link to my shows, Monday and Tuesday mornings every week, 10am through 12MD UK times.

visit Miskin Radio via www.tunein.com Just put Miskin Radio in the search box and you'll find it.

Not only do I broadcast on that station, I now also work for Veteransradionet. I currently officially have two shows each week, this time on Saturday and Sunday mornings, between 10am through 12MD each day. From time to time I pop up at other times...currently July 2014, I'm on every day from 6pm through 8pm covering for the usual presenter who is unwell. This station is a great set up, run by British Forces Veterans, for Veterans around the world. It supports colleagues in times of stress and hardship, by putting them in touch with the relevant organisations. It is also a great shoulder on which to lean, and a great listener to those with something they want to get off their chest.

Visit us in two ways. Via the Facebook page, veteransradionet, or via www.veteransradionet.com

Hope you'll get the chance to join me on either of the above station, or even both, when you get the chance.



















Follow DoYouWorryToo on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment