Monday 14 November 2011

The late Jim Harris-At Work as CSM "A" Coy Royal Hospital Chelsea

Courtyard of the Royal Hospital Chelsea (south...Image via WikipediaI have posted the picture at the top of the Blog, of Jim Harris, CSM "A" Company, Royal Hospital Chelsea, as it was possibly the last picture ever taken of him "at Work." I had the honour of being shown around the whole of his "patch" by Jim, before his illness that sadly led to his death. He is pictured wearing shirt sleeve order working dress.

Jim was associated with Tidworth Military Hospital back in the 1970's. If he had been produced by Carlsberg, he might well be described as "possibly one of the most popular Operating Theatre Technicians of all time." No-one I know would argue with that statement.

A Memorial Lunch was held recently to celebrate his life, which was well attended. I did not attend, as I had the honour of meeting him over many many years. He was a regular guest in my home for the best part of 28 years, and was a popular visitor with my children. He also hosted us at his home in Docklands and then in Chelsea before retiring to the Royal Hospital. I celebrated his life with him while he was here. There is not a day goes by when I do not think about him, his friendship and the positive inflence he had on his many colleagues in the R.A.M.C.

If you know of anyone associated with Tidworth Military Hospital, whose life you would like to see celabrated on these pages, please contact me via the Contact button at the bottom of this article. Your contact details will not be seen by anyone other than myself unless you authorise publication.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment