Tuesday 18 October 2011

Former Colonel-In-Chief Visits Tidworth

As the site says, it is aimed at not just those of us lucky enough to have served in Tidworth Military Hospital. Below, I have added a link to a piece of film that was never formally released, of Our former Colonel-In-Chief, Her Majesty, The Queen Mother, visting Tidworth. On this occasion, Her Majesty was presenting New Colours to the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regiment.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=63497#.Tp2pekfVLVM.email

Follow DoYouWorryToo on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Bet it was a very busy day Peter, met Princess Anne on the occasion of her being CIC Of our new Regiment on 28th Feb 1970, as she walked past me stood very stiffly at attention had a moment when i thought she was going to stop and have a word, ah what a relief when she went by, she was very young then. Amalgamation of the Worcester and Sherwood Forester Regt. 1st Battlion of the Same .Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Anonymous, or can I call you Lawrence? Thanks Lawrence. Yes, I'm sure it was a very busy day for all concerned in the arrangements for the visit, what with security, painting anything and everything that didn't move-or even anything that stood still for too long!!! Your close encounter with HRH The Princess Anne would have been equally busy I'd expect. I wasn't in Tidworth for either of these visits. I had the pleasure of saying "Good Morning" to Princess Diana when she visited The National Hospital For Nervous Diseases in London, while I was a senior manager there, after leaving the R.A.M.C. I left the Army in 1987, after a fun-filled 24 years, all but a few weeks.
    Thanks again for visiting.

    ReplyDelete